PagePlus Rocks the Mobile World--Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Voice Minutes,20MB of Data $34/month on Verizon's Network

Old August 12th 09, 05:39 PM posted to alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.t-mobile,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Todd Allcock[_2_]

Default PagePlus Rocks the Mobile World--Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Voice Minutes,20MB of Data $34/month on Verizon's Network

At 12 Aug 2009 01:36:18 +0000 Larry wrote:
wrote in :

How would that impact things?

That's fairly obvious. You'd be paying big roaming charges in Hannibal.

Did Hannibal have Alltel coverage? It should add to the Verizon

coverage
shortly.

Roaming on PagePlus is $0.59/minute. While high, it beats the
alternative of no roaming at all, which is the solution most prepaid
operators choose!

Old August 21st 09, 08:57 AM posted to alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.t-mobile,misc.consumers.frugal-living
tlvp

wrote in :

How would that impact things?

That's fairly obvious. You'd be paying big roaming charges in Hannibal.

Did Hannibal have Alltel coverage? It should add to the Verizon

coverage
shortly.

Roaming on PagePlus is $0.59/minute. While high, it beats the
alternative of no roaming at all, which is the solution most prepaid
operators choose!

I wouldn't say "most." Virgin and Boost CDMA doen't allow roaming, Boost
iDEN has nothing to roam onto.

American Roaming Network, PagePlus, T-Mobile, 7-11 Speak Out, Tracfone,
Net10, Jitterbug, InPulse, AT&T, and Only1 Mobile (may be out of
business) all allow roaming either included or at extra cost.

I can't speak for the other carriers, but our T-Mobile handsets,
while away in the glorious SouthWest for a couple of weeks recently,
several times found themselves in GSM territory served only by
Cingular/AT&T_Wireless, and were unable to register as roamers.

Seems like some sort of alternate-domestic-carrier lockout scheme (or
lack of appropriate roamming agreements with AT&T) on the part of T-Mo,
for roaming was never a problem in Canada, Europe, China, or most of
the rest of GSM Asia.

Cheers, -- tlvp

--
Avant de repondre, jeter la poubelle, SVP
Old August 21st 09, 06:34 PM posted to alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.t-mobile,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Todd Allcock[_2_]

"tlvp" wrote...

[...]

It's simply a lack of roaming agreements. I was just in Arizona and New
Mexico last week and did a lot of roaming on Alltel and a New Mexico
regional carrier called Plateau Wireless. Do your phones support 850MHz? I
think the Alltel coverage is on 850 (but I could be wrong.)

Old August 21st 09, 07:27 PM posted to alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.t-mobile,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Todd Allcock[_2_]

"jj" wrote in message
Todd Allcock wrote:
"SMS" wrote in message
Steve Sobol wrote:
In article ,
says...

Seems like some sort of alternate-domestic-carrier lockout scheme
(or lack of appropriate roamming agreements with AT&T) on the part
of T-Mo, for roaming was never a problem in Canada, Europe, China,
or most of

Is your phone a multi-band phone, or does it run only on 1900MHz?
Most of AT&T is 800 (850) MHz.

It'd have to be a pretty old T-Mobile (or Voicestream) phone to be
1900 MHz only. Or one of those crippled tri-band phones that are
900/1800/1900 that were sold a while back.

Or, it could be a perfectly nice modern phone designed for the
European market. I had my eye on a few European market Toshiba and
Samsung smartphones (I'm a Windows Mobile snob, but don't much care
for HTC products) about a year ago that surprisingly lacked 850, so I
passed.

What don't you like about HTC products ?

Despite making phones the size of bricks and twice as heavy, they can't seem
to squeeze in room for a standard headphone jack. Until the release of the
iPhone lit a fire under their keister, they used slow processors, precious
little memory and storage, and tiny screens. Evry HTC phone I've ever used
needed to replaced at least once (under warranty thankfully) for button or
screen faliures (my AT&T Tilt, my fourth HTC phone, is in the shop now- the
camera stopped autofocusing.)

Old August 22nd 09, 12:14 AM posted to alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.t-mobile,misc.consumers.frugal-living
jj

Todd Allcock wrote:
"jj" wrote in message
Todd Allcock wrote:
"SMS" wrote in message
Steve Sobol wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

Thanks for that. Never tried one myself, I stick with Nokias.