A bargain and discount forum. BargainBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » BargainBanter forum » Discount and bargain forums » Frugal living
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Will you let some floozie at Walgreens give you a flu shot?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 2nd 17, 12:29 PM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Will you let some floozie at Walgreens give you a flu shot?

Walgreens has been doing a lot of advertising on tv for their flu shots
that they claim anyone can get at their stores. Apparently they make a
lot of money with these shots, to afford the high cost of tv
advertising.

I dont know about you, but I surely wont let some floozie at a Walgreens
store give me a flu shot or any other shot or vaccine. If I want a shot
of any sort, I want it administered by a licensed medical professional,
such as my doctor. Not by some floozie who works at Walgreens or another
pharmacy, and is likely getting paid minimum wage, because they are not
trained to do much more than scrub the floor in that store.

Dont be an idiot. If you want a flu shot, go to a real doctor. If that
floozie at Walgreens does something wrong, or you are allergic to that
shot, you wont have any medical professional there to save your life.
They will ship you out of their store in a pine box, straight to the
county morgue.

Ads
  #4  
Old November 3rd 17, 03:23 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Will you let some floozie at Walgreens give you a flu shot?

On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 11:37:26 -0400, Dan wrote:

On 11/2/2017 7:29 AM, l wrote:
Walgreens has been doing a lot of advertising on tv for their flu shots
that they claim anyone can get at their stores. Apparently they make a
lot of money with these shots, to afford the high cost of tv
advertising.

I dont know about you, but I surely wont let some floozie at a Walgreens
store give me a flu shot or any other shot or vaccine. If I want a shot
of any sort, I want it administered by a licensed medical professional,
such as my doctor. Not by some floozie who works at Walgreens or another
pharmacy, and is likely getting paid minimum wage, because they are not
trained to do much more than scrub the floor in that store.

Dont be an idiot. If you want a flu shot, go to a real doctor. If that
floozie at Walgreens does something wrong, or you are allergic to that
shot, you wont have any medical professional there to save your life.
They will ship you out of their store in a pine box, straight to the
county morgue.


The flu shot is given by the pharmacist (Phd) who is a training medical
professional.

/dan


Now what I have seen. A local Walgreens had a woman who assists the
pharmacist giving shots. I saw it myself. And a pharmacist is NOT a
doctor. Yea, they are trained, but not as a doctor, only as a
pharmacist.

I always try to save money, but if I want a flu shot, I will go to a
real doctor, wait in the waiting room, and pay the bill. At least I know
I'm not being injected improperly or something else is not correct.

Then again, I probably wont get the flu shot this year. Last year I
didn't either. Everytime I have gotten it, I have gotten sick afterwards
and still gotten the flu at a later date. My doctor admitted that they
dont always make the shot for the correct flu strain, and said that if
get a reaction to the shot, it's up to me if I want it or not. I
appreciate the honesty, rather than just treat everyone the same while
kissing butt to the companies that make them shots.



  #5  
Old November 4th 17, 06:08 PM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 790
Default Will you let some floozie at Walgreens give you a flu shot?

On Thu, 02 Nov 2017 20:23:28 -0600, l wrote:

On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 11:37:26 -0400, Dan wrote:

On 11/2/2017 7:29 AM,
l wrote:
Walgreens has been doing a lot of advertising on tv for their flu shots
that they claim anyone can get at their stores. Apparently they make a
lot of money with these shots, to afford the high cost of tv
advertising.

I dont know about you, but I surely wont let some floozie at a Walgreens
store give me a flu shot or any other shot or vaccine. If I want a shot
of any sort, I want it administered by a licensed medical professional,
such as my doctor. Not by some floozie who works at Walgreens or another
pharmacy, and is likely getting paid minimum wage, because they are not
trained to do much more than scrub the floor in that store.

Dont be an idiot. If you want a flu shot, go to a real doctor. If that
floozie at Walgreens does something wrong, or you are allergic to that
shot, you wont have any medical professional there to save your life.
They will ship you out of their store in a pine box, straight to the
county morgue.


The flu shot is given by the pharmacist (Phd) who is a training medical
professional.

/dan


Now what I have seen. A local Walgreens had a woman who assists the
pharmacist giving shots. I saw it myself. And a pharmacist is NOT a
doctor. Yea, they are trained, but not as a doctor, only as a
pharmacist.

I always try to save money, but if I want a flu shot, I will go to a
real doctor, wait in the waiting room, and pay the bill. At least I know
I'm not being injected improperly or something else is not correct.

Then again, I probably wont get the flu shot this year. Last year I
didn't either. Everytime I have gotten it, I have gotten sick afterwards
and still gotten the flu at a later date. My doctor admitted that they
dont always make the shot for the correct flu strain, and said that if
get a reaction to the shot, it's up to me if I want it or not. I
appreciate the honesty, rather than just treat everyone the same while
kissing butt to the companies that make them shots.


Too funny. I suppose you want the bank manager to hand you back your deposit
slip as well. What this really shows is your ignorance about medical care.
The last time a doctor gave me a shot of any type was back in the 1980s, when I
needed an antibiotic that could have had a reaction. Shots are generally either
given by a nurse or phlebotomist. I take that back, my dentist gives anesthetic
shots.

If you want someone experienced to give you a jab, talk with a diabetic or your
local heroin addict.


  #6  
Old November 4th 17, 08:19 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
ItsJoan NotJoann
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 102
Default Will you let some floozie at Walgreens give you a flu shot?

On Saturday, November 4, 2017 at 12:08:50 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Too funny. I suppose you want the bank manager to hand you back your deposit
slip as well. What this really shows is your ignorance about medical care.
The last time a doctor gave me a shot of any type was back in the 1980s, when I
needed an antibiotic that could have had a reaction. Shots are generally either
given by a nurse or phlebotomist. I take that back, my dentist gives anesthetic
shots.

If you want someone experienced to give you a jab, talk with a diabetic or your
local heroin addict.


Good response, especially the last sentence!! But this silly whining by old
bob_b is just what you'd expect from a troll. He's never posted here, at
least not under this moniker, but he shows up out of the blue to **** and
moan about someone at a Walgreen's location God only knows where.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free Ink Jet Refills (april 2nd) @ Walgreens Cheapo Groovo Frugal living 1 April 1st 08 10:54 PM
inkjet cartridge refills at walgreens Spacey Spade Frugal living 6 June 11th 07 08:58 PM
prescription at Walgreens: $117 Costco: $12 max Frugal living 16 April 1st 07 03:26 AM
Free Printable Coupon for Cereal at Walgreens Budget101.com Free stuff (global) 0 August 30th 06 04:10 AM
CVS is better than Walgreens when coms to 29c Digital Prints [email protected] Frugal living 35 January 13th 04 06:48 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 BargainBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.