Baby monitor camera?

Old March 17th 04, 02:59 PM
x-\)

"Halla" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:48:20 -0000, "x-\)" blethered:

"Andy" wrote in message
Rich wrote:
Im looking for a camera for monitoring our baby, needs to couple
straight to the TV who does the best deal.

It's all a bit 1984 keeping your baby under surveillance like that.

Why
bother?

Andy

andy, I take it you dont have young children?

I do and I still find it a bit odd needing a camera instead of a
monitor. shrugs ETTO though.

sometimes a baby cries in its sleep, if you can see that on the camera you
are happy, if you go in to the room to check it can wake the babby up.

its not for surveillance but to stop running ap and down the stars to check
as often

esp when its the 1st babby most people worry more.

I dont think the babby will think you are invading its privacy do you?

Old March 17th 04, 03:06 PM
Moldy

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:59:39 -0000, "x-\)" wrote:

.. .

"Andy" wrote in message
Rich wrote:
Im looking for a camera for monitoring our baby, needs to couple
straight to the TV who does the best deal.

It's all a bit 1984 keeping your baby under surveillance like that.

Why
bother?

Andy

andy, I take it you dont have young children?

I do and I still find it a bit odd needing a camera instead of a
monitor. shrugs ETTO though.

sometimes a baby cries in its sleep, if you can see that on the camera you
are happy,

Whenever our baby (not so baby any more! he is now 29 months old!)
does this he usually settles himself after 30 seconds or so. If it is
any longer then we go and check on him

if you go in to the room to check it can wake the babby up.

We learnt very quickly how not to wake the baby up when going into his
room

its not for surveillance but to stop running ap and down the stars to check
as often

That's just laziness.

esp when its the 1st babby most people worry more.

True

I dont think the babby will think you are invading its privacy do you?

That's not the point.

--

Moldy

"Then you have the low-carb dieters. This involves the active avoidance of
life-giving antioxidants while scarfing massive amounts of known carcinogens
until someone punches you to death for bragging about how much weight you
lost." - Scott Adams

Old March 17th 04, 03:20 PM
Andy

x-) wrote:

andy, I take it you dont have young children?

A little lad at 20 months, and a little girl 4 months.

To be fair I gave these monitors a once over when we were initially buying
all our parenthood kit, and being a bit of a gadget loon I did initially
feel some sort of impulse to buy one. I also assumed that video must be
better than audio alone, so assumed that must be the way to go. As things
transpired we were given a set of McRegular baby monitors and the all
singing all dancing variety never got bought.

I imagine that even if you did hear a cry, you'd switch over the tv, then
decide it looked too dark and murky to assess the situation for sure, so
you'd still end up taking a look at first hand. Besides, take it from me,
you won't have much time for the soaps once you've a little one to care for
:-)

It is with hindsight that I now acknowledge that the camera based monitors
would've been a complete waste of money [for us!]. I can vouch for
Kiddicare - They're a great firm, I live not too far from their outlet in
Peterborough, and we've bought pretty much everything from there. Way way
cheaper than John Lewis, and with great service and aftersales care too.

If you want to ignore my view that it's not a neceassary purchase, I will
concede that £50 isn't that much over & above what you could expect to pay
for a decent radio only monitor.

Andy

Old March 17th 04, 03:20 PM
rlftygwyn

snip

andy, I take it you dont have young children?

I do, and I agree with Andy. IMHO Unless there is a specific reason
(medical etc) to keep an eye on your bub then it is a bit much to have
a camera watching over him(her). The standard audio monitor is more
than enough. What are you going to do, stay up all night watching it
in case something happens? (If there is a specific reason then please
ignore me!)

--

I suppose the point is 'what does it have to do with anyone else why she
wants one - just that she does'!! If you don't have an answer regarding

Rachelle