Solar powered charger

Old May 3rd 08, 11:22 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Dino M[_2_]

Default Solar powered charger

My wife's friend has asked me if I can find a solar powered charger, which
she can plug her electric hair straighteners in to when she goes camping.

I have no idea if anything like this even exists, which is why I am asking
on here, to see if anyone knows of anything like this.

I have found a solar powered battery charger, but her straighteners are
electric, so it is something that is able to supply power to an electrical
product.

I know it seems a silly question, but I said I would ask for her and find
out if it exists.

Old May 3rd 08, 11:30 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Graham2

"Dino M" wrote in message
My wife's friend has asked me if I can find a solar powered charger, which
she can plug her electric hair straighteners in to when she goes camping.

I have no idea if anything like this even exists, which is why I am asking
on here, to see if anyone knows of anything like this.

I have found a solar powered battery charger, but her straighteners are
electric, so it is something that is able to supply power to an electrical
product.

I know it seems a silly question, but I said I would ask for her and find
out if it exists.

You could buy an Inverter and run them from your car cigarette lighter
socket - assuming they don't draw too much power. (check the label on the
straighteners)

Something like :

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/43494/...-Inverter-120W

Graham

Old May 3rd 08, 11:31 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Palindrome

Dino M wrote:
My wife's friend has asked me if I can find a solar powered charger, which
she can plug her electric hair straighteners in to when she goes camping.

I have no idea if anything like this even exists, which is why I am asking
on here, to see if anyone knows of anything like this.

I have found a solar powered battery charger, but her straighteners are
electric, so it is something that is able to supply power to an electrical
product.

I know it seems a silly question, but I said I would ask for her and find
out if it exists.

Depends on the model.

Some need 1kW at 240v - which is entirely impractical to power from a
solar powered battery charger.

Some, such as the Morphy Richards Touch Up Mobile Straightener, are
battery powered and could be recharged from a solar panel.

--
Sue
Old May 4th 08, 12:12 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
jackie green

Dino M wrote:
My wife's friend has asked me if I can find a solar powered charger,
which she can plug her electric hair straighteners in to when she
goes camping.
I have no idea if anything like this even exists, which is why I am
asking on here, to see if anyone knows of anything like this.

I have found a solar powered battery charger, but her straighteners
are electric, so it is something that is able to supply power to an
electrical product.

I know it seems a silly question, but I said I would ask for her and
find out if it exists.

tell her she's camping and to buy a hat

--
http://www.reverbnation.com/robgreen
http://www.robgreenmusic.110mb.com/

Old May 4th 08, 12:46 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Rob[_10_]

"Dino M" wrote in message
My wife's friend has asked me if I can find a solar powered charger, which
she can plug her electric hair straighteners in to when she goes camping.

I have no idea if anything like this even exists, which is why I am asking
on here, to see if anyone knows of anything like this.

I have found a solar powered battery charger, but her straighteners are
electric, so it is something that is able to supply power to an electrical
product.

I know it seems a silly question, but I said I would ask for her and find
out if it exists.

Get either a petrol generator or tell her about gas powered hair stylers!

Old May 4th 08, 12:22 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
James[_7_]

"Dino M" wrote in message
My wife's friend has asked me if I can find a solar powered charger, which
she can plug her electric hair straighteners in to when she goes camping.

I have no idea if anything like this even exists, which is why I am asking
on here, to see if anyone knows of anything like this.

I have found a solar powered battery charger, but her straighteners are
electric, so it is something that is able to supply power to an electrical
product.

I know it seems a silly question, but I said I would ask for her and find
out if it exists.

Not much help here but I tried taking my wife camping and she almost went
into shock with no electricity, she left me at the site within 4 hours she
was booked in at the premiere in. And I was worried looking all over for
her!!!

Old May 12th 08, 11:02 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Steve Walker

Palindrome wrote:
Dino M wrote:
My wife's friend has asked me if I can find a solar powered charger,
which she can plug her electric hair straighteners in to when she
goes camping. I have no idea if anything like this even exists, which is
why I am
asking on here, to see if anyone knows of anything like this.

I have found a solar powered battery charger, but her straighteners
are electric, so it is something that is able to supply power to an
electrical product.

I know it seems a silly question, but I said I would ask for her and
find out if it exists.

Depends on the model.

Some need 1kW at 240v - which is entirely impractical to power from a
solar powered battery charger.

Unless you hold it up a bit nearer to the sun, of course...

Old October 18th 13, 07:57 AM
EdwardBlack EdwardBlack is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino M[_2_] View Post
My wife's friend has asked me if I can find a peimar solar, which
she can plug her electric hair straighteners in to when she goes camping.

I have no idea if anything like this even exists, which is why I am asking
on here, to see if anyone knows of anything like this.

I have found a solar powered battery charger, but her straighteners are
electric, so it is something that is able to supply power to an electrical
product.

I know it seems a silly question, but I said I would ask for her and find
out if it exists.
Were you able to find right solar charger? I have been searching for a while so can you share some information? Waiting for reply thanks in advance

Last edited by EdwardBlack : October 19th 13 at 05:11 PM.
Old December 10th 17, 11:45 PM
mymoneyhoney mymoneyhoney is offline
Junior Member

You can take a help from google. A lot of sources available for this product.