X-posting test

Old April 26th 15, 07:43 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers
The Real Bev[_6_]

Default X-posting test

Thunderbird (free, hence frugal) has been refusing to originate x-postx
recently, claiming that I can't post to different servers even though
I'm attempting to post to two groups with the same server.

I can follow up to x-posted messages, which are transmitted to all
groups. I just can't originate them.

Unless a miracle suddenly happened, in which case ignore the previous
message.

--
Cheers, Bev
=====================================
Old April 26th 15, 11:07 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers
The Real Bev[_6_]

On 04/26/2015 11:54 AM, k wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 10:43:06 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote:

Thunderbird (free, hence frugal) has been refusing to originate x-postx
recently, claiming that I can't post to different servers even though
I'm attempting to post to two groups with the same server.

I can follow up to x-posted messages, which are transmitted to all
groups. I just can't originate them.

Unless a miracle suddenly happened, in which case ignore the previous
message.

A setting got changed by accident or mistake, or it got corrupted.

Check your settings *carefully*. If they are okay, you should save
what you need from it and uninstall and reinstall TB. If that doesn't
do it, you'll just have to turn the oven up to 450 degrees - without
lighting it up, and stick your head in and breathe deeply. That's how
bad life is without TB.

I'd never switch. I've used it since it was Netscape .9. Before that I
used pine.

There's no setting, it just for some reason thought every once in a
while (for betwen 6 months and a year) that different newsgroups
belonged to different newsservers. Apparently OK now. Or at least
until I try to post this :-(

--
Ch rs,
B v