Today's "Baby Blues" comic...sigh.

Old May 28th 15, 06:44 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected]

Default Today's "Baby Blues" comic...sigh.

http://www.seattlepi.com/comics-and-...es/2015-05-28/

SPOILER

Seems to me that even if you DON'T have kids to save money for, you shouldn't
have to feel out of the loop at your workplace just because you don't believe
in short-term luxuries like restaurant meals - or deli meals, with their
disposable containers that are simply not "good" for the environment. Aside
from saving money for a rainy day and/or one's old age, one also might want
to save money for long-term luxuries as well - such as a boat.

When are Americans going to learn to put long-term luxuries over short-term
luxuries, at the very least?

Lenona.
Old May 28th 15, 08:48 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Dennis

On Thu, 28 May 2015 09:44:49 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

http://www.seattlepi.com/comics-and-...es/2015-05-28/

SPOILER

Seems to me that even if you DON'T have kids to save money for, you shouldn't
have to feel out of the loop at your workplace just because you don't believe
in short-term luxuries like restaurant meals - or deli meals, with their
disposable containers that are simply not "good" for the environment. Aside
from saving money for a rainy day and/or one's old age, one also might want
to save money for long-term luxuries as well - such as a boat.

When are Americans going to learn to put long-term luxuries over short-term
luxuries, at the very least?

Lenona.

LOL, I clicked on this as I sit at my desk, munching on my sandwich,
looking at the photo of my son and daughter who are away at college.
Dennis (evil)
--
I'm behind the eight ball, ahead of the curve, riding the wave,
dodging the bullet and pushing the envelope. -George Carlin
Old May 30th 15, 06:49 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Bob F

wrote:
http://www.seattlepi.com/comics-and-...es/2015-05-28/

SPOILER

Seems to me that even if you DON'T have kids to save money for, you
shouldn't have to feel out of the loop at your workplace just because
you don't believe in short-term luxuries like restaurant meals - or
deli meals, with their disposable containers that are simply not
"good" for the environment. Aside from saving money for a rainy day
and/or one's old age, one also might want to save money for long-term
luxuries as well - such as a boat.

When are Americans going to learn to put long-term luxuries over
short-term luxuries, at the very least?

I did that decades ago.