MSN: "12 Tricks Con Artists Use to Win Your Trust"

Old June 7th 17, 05:41 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected]

Default MSN: "12 Tricks Con Artists Use to Win Your Trust"

I can't seem to copy and paste any of this, so here it is.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/s...id=mailsignout

Number 7 is pretty chilling - I might not have thought of it! After all, it's not too surprising when a product endorsed by a celeb doesn't do as well as the creator THOUGHT it would - but this is different. I don't think I heard of the Eiffel Tower scam, either. (That was in 1925.)

Btw, the article doesn't mention pigeon drop scams, but I read about that in a YA novel from 2002 - "See You Down the Road." I read about it again in "Tall Tales, Legends and Hoaxes" by Nat Segaloff, which I'm pretty sure is another title for an earlier book of his from 2001, since both books include the "laying the note" con from the 1973 Ryan O'Neal movie "Paper Moon."

Lenona.
Old June 8th 17, 03:24 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected]

On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 09:41:35 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I can't seem to copy and paste any of this, so here it is.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/s...id=mailsignout

Number 7 is pretty chilling - I might not have thought of it! After all, it's not too surprising when a product endorsed by a celeb doesn't do as well as the creator THOUGHT it would - but this is different. I don't think I heard of the Eiffel Tower scam, either. (That was in 1925.)

Btw, the article doesn't mention pigeon drop scams, but I read about that in a YA novel from 2002 - "See You Down the Road." I read about it again in "Tall Tales, Legends and Hoaxes" by Nat Segaloff, which I'm pretty sure is another title for an earlier book of his from 2001, since both books include the "laying the note" con from the 1973 Ryan O'Neal movie "Paper Moon."

Lenona.

Understand that many of the techniques are used by people who aren't con
artists. #s 3 and 4 are old Dale Carnegie techniques.

Slide #1 is a type of con - a click-bait to get you to click on another set of
slides that has nothing to do with the subject. That in itself is an NLP
technique called distraction. People are more likely to follow instruction
while in the trancelike state of being mildly distracted.

Politicians are masters at deception. One of the ways you can immunize
yourself to much of that is to read a basic book on Neuro-Linguistic
Programming, such as Tranceformations.

Con artists develop a sense of who can or cannot be conned. Look at their eyes
and you'll see their pupils narrow if they think you can't be conned. It can be
fun to watch.

Here is your link deslided into a single page:

http://deslide.clusterfake.net/?o=ht...%23 image%3D1