Old thread request

Old May 7th 05, 08:18 PM
Bill 2

Default Old thread request

"dogsnus" wrote in message
A few months ago there was a very good discussion that
took place on how to explain to a prospective employer
in an interview about having gotten fired from a previous
job.
I can't remember the name of the thread but was hoping
someone else here might so I can look it up in google?
I wish I could be more specific about it but that's
about all I can remember at the moment.
Dennis? Harry? Anyone else with a better memory than mine?

http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=tel...fired%20frugal

I found it in 6 seconds, without knowing anything about the thread, using 4
keywords.

Old May 8th 05, 09:03 AM
Steve

"Bill 2" wrote:
A few months ago there was a very good discussion that
took place on how to explain to a prospective employer
in an interview about having gotten fired from a previous
job.
I can't remember the name of the thread but was hoping
someone else here might so I can look it up in google?
I wish I could be more specific about it but that's
about all I can remember at the moment.
Dennis? Harry? Anyone else with a better memory than mine?

http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=tel...fired%20frugal
I found it in 6 seconds, without knowing anything about the thread, using 4
keywords.

And we'd be even more impressed without the gratuitous last sentence.

Old May 8th 05, 01:44 PM
Mike M.

"Steve" wrote in message
"Bill 2" wrote:
A few months ago there was a very good discussion that
took place on how to explain to a prospective employer
in an interview about having gotten fired from a previous
job.
I can't remember the name of the thread but was hoping
someone else here might so I can look it up in google?
I wish I could be more specific about it but that's
about all I can remember at the moment.
Dennis? Harry? Anyone else with a better memory than mine?

http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=tel...fired%20frugal
I found it in 6 seconds, without knowing anything about the thread, using

4
keywords.

And we'd be even more impressed without the gratuitous last sentence.

He's just gloating. So much for my debut as a game show contestant. Guess
I should have tried to name it in three...

Mike: I can name that thread using five keywords.

Bill 2: I can name it in four.

Mike: Bill, name that thread!

cue challenge music Bill smiles, though somewhat nervously.

camera zooms in on podium, housing computer/monitor/keyboard Without
hesitation, Bill quickly punches up Google and enters four keywords. Six
seconds later... "Is it 'Fired from previous job...disclose on
interview???'"

Ding! Ding! Ding! cue victory music

Mike

Old May 8th 05, 05:02 PM
Bill 2

"Steve" wrote in message
"Bill 2" wrote:
A few months ago there was a very good discussion that
took place on how to explain to a prospective employer
in an interview about having gotten fired from a previous
job.
I can't remember the name of the thread but was hoping
someone else here might so I can look it up in google?
I wish I could be more specific about it but that's
about all I can remember at the moment.
Dennis? Harry? Anyone else with a better memory than mine?

http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=tel...fired%20frugal
I found it in 6 seconds, without knowing anything about the thread, using
4
keywords.

And we'd be even more impressed without the gratuitous last sentence.

The point is some people don't know how to use a search engine.

Old May 8th 05, 05:20 PM

"Mike M." wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
.. .
"Bill 2" wrote:
[...]

Aw, heck. Four words is easy. :-) I can do it in two words:
fired puke

http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=fired+puke

There are other combinations of two words that will bring it up as
well.
Old May 8th 05, 05:25 PM
Steve

"Bill 2" wrote:
http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=tel...fired%20frugal
I found it in 6 seconds, without knowing anything about the thread, using
4 keywords.

And we'd be even more impressed without the gratuitous last sentence.

The point is some people don't know how to use a search engine.

Well, maybe. And your rubbing it in helps them precisely how?

Old May 8th 05, 06:52 PM
C. Massey

"Bill 2" wrote in message
news

"Steve" wrote in message
"Bill 2" wrote:
A few months ago there was a very good discussion that
took place on how to explain to a prospective employer
in an interview about having gotten fired from a previous
job.
I can't remember the name of the thread but was hoping
someone else here might so I can look it up in google?
I wish I could be more specific about it but that's
about all I can remember at the moment.
Dennis? Harry? Anyone else with a better memory than mine?

http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=tel...fired%20frugal
I found it in 6 seconds, without knowing anything about the thread,

using
4
keywords.

And we'd be even more impressed without the gratuitous last sentence.

The point is some people don't know how to use a search engine.

Then maybe you should HELP them instead of trying to make them look bad...

Old May 8th 05, 07:40 PM
Steve

dogsnus wrote:
There are lots of reasons too boring to go into as to why I didn't
or couldn't do it myself this time but as one who usually provides
links to people most of the time myself,I've noticed rarely does one
get a thank you for the effort. Thus my thanks was given freely,the rest
went into the indifference bag.

You're way too mature for Usenet.

Old May 8th 05, 08:07 PM
rick++

The point is some people don't know how to use a search engine.

Thats probably why they have trouble job-hunting.

Old May 8th 05, 08:26 PM
Bill 2

wrote in message news:[email protected]
Aw, heck. Four words is easy. :-) I can do it in two words:
fired puke

http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=fired+puke

There are other combinations of two words that will bring it up as
well.

I can do it in one word: divalge

http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=divalge

But neither really count because you can pick words (and typos) specific to
that thread.

My point was finding the thread initially wasn't too hard.