The Award Winners Exchange

Old August 8th 07, 09:53 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
John[_22_]

Default The Award Winners Exchange

Anyone have any info on this - my wife has received a letter inviting her to
call because she has 'definitely been selected to receive one of the
awards". The minimum ones being 250 Premium Bonds, 1,000 gift Voucher
(from their catalogue)

Old August 9th 07, 12:36 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Kevin F Stubbs

1,000 gift Voucher (from their catalogue)

This will probably be the prize she has won. If you read the very small print on
the back of the letter it lists how many of each prize will actually be given
away. I suspect this one will turn out to be 1,000 of discount vouchers, i.e.
you have to spend a lot of real money to get your 1,000 'gift'. I had one of
these turn up yesterday and put it straight through the shredder. As a general
rule, any competition that asks you for money to get your prize is probably a
scam of some kind.

Cheers

Kevin
Old August 9th 07, 01:55 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Ron[_4_]

"John" wrote in message
Anyone have any info on this - my wife has received a letter inviting her
to call because she has 'definitely been selected to receive one of the
awards". The minimum ones being 250 Premium Bonds, 1,000 gift Voucher
(from their catalogue)

Are you really that stupid! You are the main reason the scams work, you
would have probably fallen for it if you couldn't use a newsgroup as a
substitute for common sense.
Call them, then post what you were told and what you agreed to - just for
entertainment purposes.
Try a Google for the word "SCAM".

Old August 9th 07, 11:40 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Harry Stottle

"Ron" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
Anyone have any info on this - my wife has received a letter inviting
her to call because she has 'definitely been selected to receive one
of the awards". The minimum ones being 250 Premium Bonds, 1,000
gift Voucher (from their catalogue)

Are you really that stupid! You are the main reason the scams work,
you would have probably fallen for it if you couldn't use a newsgroup
as a substitute for common sense.

What a stupid comment to someone sensibly asking for advice, and sure to
put off others who have a similar question, making them more likely to
fall for a future scam.

Old August 9th 07, 12:19 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
John[_22_]

"Harry Stottle" wrote in message

"Ron" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
Anyone have any info on this - my wife has received a letter inviting
her to call because she has 'definitely been selected to receive one of
the awards". The minimum ones being 250 Premium Bonds, 1,000 gift
Voucher (from their catalogue)

Are you really that stupid! You are the main reason the scams work, you
would have probably fallen for it if you couldn't use a newsgroup as a
substitute for common sense.

What a stupid comment to someone sensibly asking for advice, and sure to
put off others who have a similar question, making them more likely to
fall for a future scam.

Thanks for the link to the Martin Lewis articles. The letter is now
shredded.

Old August 9th 07, 01:20 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Gizmo.

"John" wrote in message
Anyone have any info on this - my wife has received a letter inviting her
to call because she has 'definitely been selected to receive one of the
awards". The minimum ones being 250 Premium Bonds, 1,000 gift Voucher
(from their catalogue)

Basically it's asking you to register yourself with the Mail Preference
Service.
http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/mps_choosetype.html

)

And if you haven't done already, register yourself with the Telephone
preference Service as well:
http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/ctps/number_type.html

Dont forget to add any mobile numbers you have.

Old August 9th 07, 03:21 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Mike

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 19:53:29 GMT, "John"
wrote:

Anyone have any info on this

No, but they are all *without exception* scams.

- my wife has received a letter inviting her to
call because she has 'definitely been selected to receive one of the
awards". The minimum ones being 250 Premium Bonds, 1,000 gift Voucher
(from their catalogue)

Mike.

Old August 9th 07, 08:28 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Adrian C

Tagged: Tiscali Idiot
Old August 10th 07, 06:20 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Ranger[_2_]

On 9 Aug, 19:28, Adrian C wrote:
Ron wrote:

Tagged: Tiscali Idiot

It'll be the 1,000 voucher and comes with a catalohue from which to
select items BUT you will have to pay the postage and that will turn
out to be about the value of the chosen item! Forget it.

Old January 20th 15, 05:26 PM
fnanjum fnanjum is offline
Junior Member

hahaha its just a marketing strategy. Last year i was selected as a plot winner in a society. But actually every one who fill out the form was the winner.
award certificate template